Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I think I passed the test...

I always wondered what happens when moms get sick. I thought I couldn't do it... but I kinda did. Daddy helped me by coming home a little early for two days but for the most part... I survived. I actually felt worse when not with the baby because I had time to notice I felt like death. I rarely get sick so I was surprised it happened only 5 months into his life... but either way I made it! It may seem small to most people but when you're sick your mom takes care of you... or dad or husband... so now that I'm a mom I am glad I survived. Just another step on the journey of learning how this all works...

Lately I have been thinking, as much as I've battled with staying home and making the husband feel like this was too hard and maybe I couldn't do it... and I missed worked or maybe just feeling important.. the past few days I have been thankful.

I go to bed almost every night holding the baby's hand. How wonderful is that. Even though I still get him every time he cries and am constantly sitting by his side, 95% of the time I know he is crying because he's just really dramatic. He is bored of his toy... or think he wants more bottle... or he's just being silly. But at night I get to watch him giggle and smile so big at daddy at I when he should be asleep and not have to worry about going to work in the morning. I know how many times he played the binky game with himself and I am still always amazed by it. There are so many things that I know and if I was at work I would miss it all. I know I will look back when he is older and be so thankful that I got to be apart of it all. So that's all apart of to walk and to listen....

I know this wasn't exciting but I passed my test :)

4 comments:

  1. I sometimes wrestle with the fact that I have a degree that I dont use... but then I think... why in the world would I want to be behind a desk, when I can be home... watching my children learn and grow?? I think we have the best job in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww you looked at my blog! I feel special thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to this post right now. I was up all night w a stomach bug. I can't stop getting sick! Ugh! So I called in back up. My dad and Grammom are coming up to watch them so I can lay upstairs for awhile. NEVER be afraid to ask for help. Today should suck for everyone at my house but instead the kids are going to think its a play date, my family is excited to be here, and u get to test (or get sick) without my kids crying next to me! Always call for back up! But yes we all survive in the end!

    ReplyDelete