Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm not sure people talk about this...

But it's been almost 21 weeks and I am still trying to figure out how to adjust to this new life... without my old life.

I worked a lot. I worked pretty much full time from 18-28 years of age. I took off a brief semester to play college, but that didn't last... and back to work I went. I also up and quit a new gig I was doing one summer and was the happiest I had ever been (ask my mother) but I still worked. When I started working at 15 I got all dressed up (in khakis, some flowery button down, and these wooden sandals I borrowed from my SIL and loveddddd)and went to my ice rink interview where my brother worked, and got the job and haven't stopped. After that I worked at a bakery, which I loved. I was that person who would work whenever someone asked me too because really why not? It was a three and a half hour shift. As years went on and I worked in retail...  I complained a lot. It gets old and tired but I still worked a lot.

My parents never made me save ANY of this money that I made (whoaaaa big lesson there, as soon as precious baby can work he will be putting some of it away) so I have been rolling in the big bills since I was little. And now? I have what my husband gives me. We knew it was going to be hard, we had no idea how much he would be able to give me.. and if it would be enough but we're trying. He gives me what he can... but going to target and buying baby stuff, or stuff for the cats, and a purchase for the house or two... because now I have no job so doing stuff around the house is all I've got.. and it adds up fast. And I struggle with wanting more every week.

I am constantly thinking about how I can get a job. Then quickly realize, I can not. Unless someone is going to watch my baby for free.

It's been 28 years working.... It's going to take some time to adjust. And it's hard.

I love my pudgy, hand clasping baby. When I go up to his room at night because he's crying, I always think someday you're going to be 17!!!!  No longer a 2 foot long person, who cries for someone to put his binky back in. I can't imagine those days... but I hope he's good looking and cool and smart and funny lol. (just being honest people)

Anyway, much hope for me adjusting soon... because it's hard.


4 comments:

  1. I saw your blog show up on my fb feed a bit ago and wanted to check it out. (went to college with Dan)

    I love that you wrote about this and that I'm not the only one who thinks this. I got married Nov 5, 2011 and having kids will be sooner then later. My first thought about having kids is everything you wrote ha

    Enjoy the small things is awesome blog too. My cousin is from Naples and is friends with her. Said she is just as sweet in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHh really they are friends? I love all my mom blogs... I now prefer a blog that is less known.. so I don't check hers as much. But I started with hers and was blown away.

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Keep reading!

      Delete
  2. you do eventually adjust. Remember when I came in to interview with you for Carters.Daniel had just turned 1, I was so eager bc the baby finally reached the stage where I was confident leaving him with family so I could finally enjoy time without a baby. My advice(not that you are asking for any lol): enjoy what you have now. In a month or two, he won't want to cuddle as much, he will want to sit contently and play by himself. Enjoy raising your child! Soooo many moms have to go back to work and cry and hate it. You are lucky that you are home with him. Even though its hard to sit and do nothing something(I promise I am still there with you sometimes with this one) just remember that he is enjoying being with his mommy. You are used to work but he is used to looking at you. You are his world_ sounds dumb and cheesy but it gets me through somme of the continuous staring at nothing or smiling for the millionth time over and over again. It goes so fast! Just plan lots of play dates!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I completely agree.. thanks for commenting!!!!

      Delete