Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I know, I know, it's been forever since I updated.

I am not sure why? I think mainly because the child has been slightly happier. He started prevacid once a day and zantac three times a day. I have moments where I think - prevacid is my new best friend- but I don't want to get my hopes up and think the goodness could fade... so I am not really sure what it is but he is a little more content than before (maybe a good bit more content).

So of course most of the day when he cries I still think to myself I have no idea what is wrong with him... and I wonder if at almost 19 weeks I should have some idea... but most of the time, unless its rather obvious, I don't. I just guess and try a few things and hope he stops... 60% of the time it just ends in me picking him up and carrying him around. But regardless, he has had a bunch of happy times where I can put him down and play with him. He has taken happy naps in the car and gone shopping like a pro... so all in all we've had a good few weeks.

Well tonight, I was reading away at a new blog and looked at the monitor after far too long and saw this.....
And I was amazed! I know that sounds silly but he has been able to roll over for weeks now and never ever does it in the crib. Not even during the day when he's just chilling in there. So I ran upstairs to wake up the husband... (who didn't seem as interested, go figure) and ran to make sure he was breathing and then to get the camera! I feel like this is like the first big step on the way to big boy-hood. I've always looked forward to having my baby be able to move around, get himself comfortable and sleep like a happy man.... I could be very wrong but I feel like we're on our way!!! Now, I flipped him over of course after taking my picture and he has been thrashing around ever since trying to get comfy. I am kinda worried about how the rest of the night will go!?!?!? So hm, I am not sure what will happen when I try to go to sleep.
Anyway, I was kinda reminded I am writing this for myself.. but also for him... to track how he is doing and be a scrap book of sorts...
So at almost 19 weeks he is rolling over, he enjoys being on his tummy for the most part, for a few minutes. He will drool EVERYWHERE, and try to reach toys.
He is still crying after bottles- he throws up formula pretty often.. I think he just wants more but we limit him so he only throws up 1-2ozs lol.
He loves his "crunchy dog" he laughs and smiles. He likes to smile at new faces while we are out, but sometimes cries at family members :(
He is getting much better at holding in his binky! He loves to play the binky game where he pulls it out, and slowly tries to get it back in his mouth.
He is doing great with spoon feeding! I have been making him apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes... and he kicks and gets excited with each spoonful!
He weighs about 18 lbs... a picture to follow made me realize how huge he looks lol...
and many many more facts, but I'll stop boring people...

Here are some pictures from the past month :)

 oh also- he is super afraid of that penguin! You push it to make little balls rattle inside, and he breaks out into tears of fear lol! But that yellow bird, makes him smile!
 This was a big event!!!! My baby cat pru got confident and decided to curl up to him while he slept! It was a strange moment lol
 This is  12 month shirt from target. fits fine. *ahem*

 This is when I realized my child is GIGANTIC.
 Mommy needs to whiten her teeth.
 He looks more proportionate next to daddy lol!!!
 Family photo!



Dude, my kid always looks scared. Ugh, he gets it from his father. I promise!

Anyway for now.. at least I have something posted! And I will try to update at least weekly :)

Love you baby :) every little wonderful (and sometimes really pissy, and confusing) part of you...
I hope you always know how much we look forward to you getting big, and being awesome. But only like 2 years old big, not like 17 years old big. no. no.

No comments:

Post a Comment