Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I hope the Internet never goes away....

I hope this blog will always be around because I am constantly telling myself to write down the memories.
To keep a journal, or make a scrapbook, (this goes along with my last post long ago) that you kinda are who you are... at least me... I want to do things differently for our baby... but scrapbooking has never been my thing. I doubt it will start now.
So with a blog, youre like well it's been so long whats the point now. But tonight, I felt it was time. Who knows when I'll get back to it.
Tonight, I went to a concert with Daddy and his sister and brother... I saw a guy there who was in a wheelchair and (as usual) my eyes filled up with tears. I am so lucky.  I am so so so so so so so so so lucky to have a healthy, perfect baby. Everyday he gets smarter and more aware. He crawls now, his own scoot crawl... not on all fours. but he gets around fast. He is eating baby mum-mums and anything we eat when we go out together I will give him some. He sits in the cart at target... he falls over, but still. It's helping him get stronger. He chases after the cats in the walker and wants to touch the air vents and anything else he shouldn't be.
Oh and that smile. He has TWO TEETH! He got them at about 7 months.. he is almost 8 now. He didn't cry much... just a little whiney for a day or two... but he still just lights up all the time when he see's us... or anyone really. Everyone tells us how gorgeous he is... and how beautiful his eyes are. It's ironic considering the whole time I was pregnant, i just kept saying... this kid better be cute... and he is the cutest.
He loves to grab our hair, and open his mouth wide and try to attack our faces. It sounds ridiculous but it's adorable. Painful but adorable. You want to be tough and say no but you can't help yourself but let him. 

I am constantly thanking life for giving us such a wonderful baby. Even if he's fussy, or whining up a storm, or getting mad because his spoon food has ended... he loves us... and we love him. I hope his mostly loving demeanor stays over the course of the next few years... I hope I can teach him to be patient... even when his food is done. I hope he knows how much we love him... he gets a million kisses and "i love yous" a day. I hope he knows he will always have the most perfect place in my heart... my first baby boy...

4 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts on blogging! So many times, I've thought of walking away from mine, of closing that chapter and finding a new hobby. But then I glance back on this little record of our lives, my thoughts and growth along the way, and I'm so grateful to have that all right at my fingertips in one little space! You're right! It is like a scrapbook in a way!

    Love,
    Sarah
    the Reverie blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh someone read my blog!!! I feel so cool!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read! and patiently wait for updates! I too count my blessings every day. We are so lucky ... you and I... and our husbands too.. because duh... they've got us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you read?! Duh. I just assumed no one did (even though people ask me about it a lot which is weird?!?!) But I will try now! I just assumed I was writing to myself... thanks you two :)

    ReplyDelete