Monday, October 8, 2012

I need to get my life together.

It's been almost 10 months of having my totally awesome baby around. He is adorable. Playful. Aware. Smart and gorgeous.

Yet as the time passes I realize I don't recognize my mom self. I am sure someone out there feels the same, right? Now a working in the actual, paying job world is different than working at home obviously. I have a lot more free brain space. Sometimes I want to text the husband and say "hey, do you know where the tootsie rolls are?" or "I think the back deck needs some color" and then I realize... wow big problems I have huh? He probably has work problems to worry about so I won't bother him.

Don't get me wrong. I have NEVER been the over dressed one at any gathering. I have always tried to be as comfortable but cute as possible. I am cool with going a few days with no shower. I know, I know, I am grossssss. But not really. It takes a lot of effort to get ready and I am lazy sometimes. No make up? Yeah that doesn't bother me either. But what a difference it makes! Wow. Without make up, I would be a scary individual.
Want an example??...

Prepare yourself...

Just keeping it real.

But if I put on some make up... at least I don't scare people in public!..
I clearly dyed my hair. Do you hate it?? Let me know. Anyway..

But let's be serious here, pre-baby weight was rad (and I was pregnant here clearly!)

Do you like blonde better? 



I remember back when the baby was born... I went thru a stage of, what's the difference? I don't need new clothes. I am not going anywhere. And that was hard. It was a slightly depressed mind frame and that isn't ever fun. Any new mom has to find a new self... and I hope I find the motivation soon.

I buy cuter clothes in the fall! You are either a summer person or a fall and I love fall to the fullest. Leggings rock my world. I'm totally cool with wearing them as pants everyday. I become motivated to do things... because I wont be sweating three minutes after stepping outside. Yet, I am struggling with finding the 10 month mom motivation. My teeth are no longer shiny white. I probably still have 8 baby pounds to lose (ah, dieting was never my thing, or exercising... I just maintained the weight I was) I am crazy pale. I know tanning is terrible for you... so I am leaving spray tanning on the table as well. I just wonder when it will feel like "time"? I hope soon. Because I need to get my life together. And probably clean something too.

And just for kicks... my baby is cute...


So tell me... how long did it take before you started feeling motivated to look good vs just have food on your clothes!??!

xoxoxo 

PS- I apologize my pictures are all funky... I will figure out how to fix that someday?!?

3 comments:

  1. As a new mom as well, I find it extremely nice to dress up on the weekends! I dress myself and my beautiful daughter nice and just go out wether it be to the stores or I make it a point to visit people on the weekends! Luckily I did not gain any weight other than belly and it all was gone a month later-I'm assuming because it was my first and started out small my body just went back to normal easily!
    You must make time to make yourself feel like you again! Obviously our lives change when we become moms(although seems that the husbands do not change!) But it is important to still be you! I still love to do my hair and look cute(mainly because everyone says how cute my kid is and I don't want to look a mess then!)
    Being a mom is my greatest joy and I love every second with my baby! I just think that some people aren't so lucky and that some kids aren't so lucky so I make the most of every day!
    I really hope you find a way to be yourself again! :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting!!!!! Everyone says mine is too!!! and I look a mess... so I am sure they just assume I can't get it together quite yet lol. you are right... sometimes the weather motivates me to look nice.. so now seems like a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find Fall much easier to look nice also! Adding a scarf and boots to a simple shirt and jeans makes me feel better! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete