Saturday, March 3, 2012

Things I am thankful for today:
Plug ins * Happy babies * Rhinestone covered flip flops (old navy- get yourself some!)
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=60979&vid=1&pid=898576&scid=898576032
(how do I put a name instead of the link, my old brain does not recall)

The hope of Spring was in the air today! Our first weekend home all together in a few weeks... we did my favorite thing... ERRANDS! I love me some errands. I always need "stuff". Batteries. Coffee creamer. Shampoo. Cat food (always need cat food sadly). I wish I didnt always need stuff but I somehow do.

We had our first diaper/pee/spit up covered outfit today. I was just trying to print myself out some lovely pictures for frames I purchased and precious baby starts to fuss.  The husband proceeds to pick him up and realizes hes covered in pee. Hm okay, I can see why that would be unhappy sooo I take him to change him. Something that is hard for me.. public restrooms super gross me out. For some reason I can handle the changing table in the target family bathroom a little better. I cover it with the disposable covers I have and realize his whole outfit is soaked in pee, and spit up. (bad mom didnt change his diaper before we went out, yet I feel the brand of luvs normally holds tight, well NOT today) so I cant manage to put all his wet clothes back on. Parts of me were tempted to just let him just wear the diaper until I went to get him a new outfit but I contemplated the ghetto-ness factor here and went with his sweatshirt and wet pants. I then "compromised husbands morals". He was mortified I would pick out an outfit, put it on the baby, and then pay for it later when I paid!!!!!!!!! Kid had such a hard time with this. I told him we werent the first parents, and we wouldnt be the last. The cashier and check out said the exact same thing.

I'm always right.

Lesson learned- its time to start bringing a backup outfit. New mom, noted.

On the joyful noise note- the sleeper I put him in was a creamy white with light lime green stripes and it was brought to my attention he looks gorgeous in green. Small wins.

I hope everyone had a fabulous touch of spring day.
its 11:11, I'll make a wish the baby has a restful night.

until we talk again... take a walk, and listen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment