Thursday, March 1, 2012

A tiring and successful day.

 Things I am thankful for today :
Rainboots * Glitter * Wall decals

Today precious baby cried and whined all day. I don't understand babies. It might have been something I did (formula switch, long and boring story) could have been acid reflux? could have been boredom? I think sometimes he gets tired of seeing me all day, everyday. I think he likes to go out sometimes, even though he cries, because at least it's a change of scenery. I should have taken him for a walk... but I was too tired. I don't understand babies!

But because this blog is supposed to be dedicated to joyful noise... I'll move on.

Strange happening today at the store...
While browsing happily at Joanne Fabrics, fascinated by all the things crafty people come up... I was casually checking out the adornment sections (I think crafty people call it the "trim" section) and my phone rings. Ahhh it was the nurse from precious babies doctors office. I called earlier and asked for someone to call me back (about the long and boring formula switch thing). I said told her about his bowel movements because what do babies do really other than poop, sleep, eat and cry (every so often we get some smiles and coo-ing too)

Exact quote - " he had like four bowel movements in four hours, don't you think that's a lot?"

Well, did the scraggly looking lady in the aisle, with her hair in a insane-o messy bun, and light wash tapered leg jeans, give me a LOOK of disgust. Not only did she give me this look, she LEFT the aisle to go tell her mother in the other aisle! Then when I walked by... still on the phone... talking about baby poop she went out of he way to give me another look of pure horror! Like I was scum. Which although I looked a hot mess, (my mom would have asked if I brushed my hair because I never do - I think it gives me the messy-morning-hair-look. Like the cool high school girls do. They always look way better) I am not really used to getting this type of look.

If I wasn't on the phone I would have asked her, "Do you have ANY children, at all?" "How about like even a cat or dog? You've never spoken about their bowel movements?"
If she hasn't, I feel like she's the odd one here. Right???


Anyway, on the joyful noise note the blog I posted before, It's the small things. Has still continued to rock my world ..... she has made me start this blog. Think about the ways I will be a better mother. And last but not least - GET CRAFTY!

I will post pictures tomorrow (I'm sure the excitement of this will keep you up all night, whoever happens to be reading this lol) of my little project tonight!!!

I look forward to more crafting projects to come.
And not that this counts but the amount of the sticky wall art decal things they have these days have come a longggg way and frankly, I'm impressed.




No comments:

Post a Comment